Defeat the murderous imperialist predatory war against the Syrian people!
Issued by: CPGB-ML
Issued on: 29 August 2013
> Download this statement as a leaflet
Having failed miserably in its attempts to overthrow the Syrian government through its jihadist terrorist mercenaries, imperialism is in the final stages of its preparations for a direct military onslaught against the people of Syria and their lawful and popular government.
By a concerted campaign, orchestrated by its political and ideological representatives, duly assisted by its gigantic propaganda machine – a veritable host of TV and radio stations and thousands of newspapers – which spews out non-stop lies about its intended victim, imperialism has built up an unstoppable momentum for yet another unlawful, unjust, bloody and predatory war.
In the next few days, the Syrian people could find themselves to be the recipients of 'democracy', 'freedom', 'human rights' and 'rule of law' delivered by cruise missiles and other deadly weapons, which are bound to cause tremendous loss of life and material damage.
The pretext for this barbarous war is the alleged use of chemical weapons by the Syrian government against its own people – a charge that cannot withstand the slightest scrutiny.
Why would the Syrian government use chemical weapons when its forces are inflicting decisive defeats on the bloodthirsty brutes unleashed by imperialism, just when a UN team is in the country investigating the use of these weapons, and that too in an area where the Syrian army is present in large numbers? Even the right-wing zionist website WND expressed the view that the chemical attack was the work of the Syrian opposition forces.
All the evidence points in the direction of imperialism staging a provocation, through the use by its proxies of sarin and other nerve gases, so as to provide imperialism with an excuse for going to war against Syria with the hope of saving the skin of its surrogates who are on the verge of a complete rout.
Faced with this murderous war, the proletariat needs to know the unvarnished truth and not be palmed off with plausible lies. The proletariat needs to know:
• That the war presently being waged by imperialism and its stooges against the Syrian people did not simply and spontaneously erupt in March 2011, but has actually been in preparation for at least a decade.
• That this war has nothing to do with humanitarianism, rule of law or democracy, which are merely catchwords that imperialism uses to hide its real aims ... it is a war for domination, for booty, plunder and brigandage.
• That in an effort to subvert the revolutionary movements of the people of the Middle East and the Maghreb, the combined imperialist powers of Nato first targeted Libya and overthrew its government, murdering its undisputed leader, Muammar Gaddafi, and are now intent on repeating their 'humanitarian' blitzkrieg against Syria.
• That Syria has become the target of imperialist subversion and aggression for pursuing independent economic and foreign policies, for opposing the war in Libya, for its support for the Iraqi resistance, for its support for the cause of the liberation of Palestine from zionist occupation, and for its alliance with Iran and the Lebanese resistance movement, Hizbollah; in short, for its position in the axis of resistance that today stands in opposition to the zionist-imperialist axis of evil.
• That in the end this war is directed against China and Russia – the two countries which stand in the way of imperialist domination of the world.
The proletariat must therefore condemn imperialism and its stooges in the most resolute terms and give its wholehearted support to the Syrian people and their leadership, who are bravely defending the independence, sovereignty, honour and dignity of their country against imperialist brigandage.
Those who claim to be socialist must take to the working masses the message of non-cooperation with imperialism's predatory and criminal wars by refusing to play any part in moving materials, making munitions, pointing guns or broadcasting imperialism's warmongering propaganda lies.
From the very beginning of the counter-revolutionary rebellion in Syria, inspired, funded and aided by imperialism, we in the CPGB-ML have consistently called for the defeat of imperialism and the victory of the Syrian people led by President Assad, for we are firmly convinced that: "The revolutionary movement in the advanced countries would actually be a sheer fraud if, in their struggle against capital, the workers of Europe and America were not closely and completely united with hundreds upon hundreds of millions of 'colonial' slaves who are oppressed by capital." (Lenin, The Second Congress of the Communist International, 1920)
We make a last-ditch appeal to our opponents in the working-class and 'anti-war' movement, especially the leadership of the Stop the War Coalition, who have hitherto deployed one excuse after another, one dishonest pretext following another, to undermine the anti-imperialist Syrian government, just as they did in the case of Libya, to join us in our correct stance, if they do not want their hands to be dripping with the blood of the Syrian people, just as will be the hands of the imperialists. Failure to do so, whatever their intentions, objectively puts them in the camp of imperialism.
No cooperation with imperialism's wars!
Victory to the Syrian people led by the Ba'ath party and its progressive allies!
Death to imperialism and its zionist and Arab stooges!
> Download this statement as a leaflet
[ back to Statements index ]